Thursday, July 21, 2011

Filming Kampot 'Green'

So today, we set off to shoot our first Epic film. We met at the cafe and all made our way to the river and the rice paddies where we drove past yesterday. I think we got some good footage considering the heat! It was flippin hot! I reckon I sweat a stone into my t-shirt in the first half and hour. Thank goodness I brought a cap the day before otherwise I am almost certain I would have a burnt head and sunstroke. The sun however, did get through my suncream and burn the crap out of my arms and feet. My neck now looks like a cross between a lobster and an old leather belt. We did our final shots down by the river and got some nice ones of the students in the water.

These students are so professional its unreal. They stood in the scorching sun and dripped with sweat without making a single moan. When they finished their bit they stood under a tree for shade and when asked, got stuck back in. Working with these guys is truly inspirational. You never feel like you have to bend the way you work because they might be tired, or hot, or need food etc. They really are a fantastic group of young people who teach me more about myself and my teaching everyday I work with them. Also, Mark was so helpful filming Camera 2 today, between us we had it covered and it was a great feeling knowing he had other shots whilst I got in to the close up shots I really enjoy. So apart from my skin being on fire its been a good day. Tomorrow we will be back at it but in town. I hope to contrast the 'green' with the 'grey'. I want to focus on narrow streets and buildings giving the second film a completely different feel. Well, that's the plan anyhow. You know, once you get started with projects like this, it really does begin to open up a world of other possibilities, it really is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional development and I thank Epic and the support of my other 4Motion half Elaine for getting us out here and making this happen.

Be back with more soon, just trying to polish off half a wart hog with rice.

See ya

No comments:

Post a Comment