Tuesday, August 9, 2011

From the paddy fields to the city to the jungle!

So, I know its been a while so apologies for that. The last week at Epic was a bloody mad one with late nights, massive amounts of rain and balancing work needed to be completed for England. But, it was a great last week! The films are finished and on Vimeo so go check them out if you haven't already. We premiered the vids on Thursday night as the opener for the live performance. We expected around 25-40 people to turn up and watch so when over a 100 people flooded in to see it, we were pleasantly surprised. The students did a cracking job and had the locals and odd traveller laughing and smiling all the way through. It was a fantastic emotional night and we could have not asked for a more professional focused group of students who just go above and beyond what you expect every time.  Epic were really pleased with the work that 4Motion had done so we really hope we get to work with them again in the future. It was great having Liz and John over for a week and we had a right laugh swimming in the river with torrential rain and getting caked in mud on our motorbikes.

We finished the week in style and the flew off to Kuala Lumpur on Sunday morning. I think I could get to like the city there, it has a real mix of cultures and the food would keep you interested if nothing else. From local street food to rotis cooked with chocolate, there really is something for everyone. We visited the butterfly park, the Islamic Arts Museum, KL Tower and finished off our stay with a brilliant 45 minute foot massage in Bukit Bintang. I think I would have liked just one more night to fully satisfy me in KL so I think Ill plan to see it again.

Elaine and I said goodbye to each other at the airport as I boarded my Air Asia flight to Sandakan as she did to Bali. Right now I literally feel like I am sitting in the Jungle. I have booked in to Paganakan Jungle retreat about 40 minutes outside the the main town. Its really chilled hear and all you can hear are the birds and the insects buzzing around. Today I decided to do very little and catch up on some relaxing. This place is the perfect place for it, just wooden long houses on stilts over looking the jungle.


Tomorrow Ill be checking out the Orangutan rehabilitation centre and another wild life park close by. Im looking forward to seeing some wildlife.  I am considering not rushing to the Perenthian's this time now and spending more time in Borneo. We will see how it goes. Anyway, I have some jungle chillin to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment